Search

Managing Multiple Tablets

• Public
Started by Y Oliver 28 Nov 2012 4:03pm () Replies (6)

Hi, We are about to receive a bulk delivery of ANDROID tablets (80) on which I need to install Apps. Do I need to purchase a copy of an App for each tablet or can I use just one and copy it over to the others? Liscencing? Is there a way of streamlining this process? Connecting several to a hub and installing all together?

Replies

• Jaimee Donaldson (View all users posts) 02 Sep 2013 11:07am ()

If you are getting free download apps, always make sure you read the feedback left by other users, helped me easily decide whether that app was going to be quality or not.

• Mini Joseph (View all users posts) 02 Sep 2013 10:20am ()

Hi

could you please let me know how did the roll out your tablets go?  i just joined this group and we are about to roll it out soon.  what are some of the things i need to be careful of like downloading applications, setting up of the tablets, security of these etc. 

thank you

• iDave (View all users posts) 29 Nov 2012 9:12pm ()

I did find this http://www.tabpilot.com - a tablet management system - has a free and cost version which may be worth exploring.

The main issue I have has was a proxy server at school on older versions of Android.  A blind proxy takes care of that but not all schools run that way.

We ended up managing the proxy setting through Firefox browser.   

• iDave (View all users posts) 29 Nov 2012 9:04pm ()

Hi - sorry about that - I read the email notification and immediately was thinking iPad - and didn't look at the group.  I will shift that post else where!

I am very interested in what brand of tablet you are getting and how they go?

The only thing I could add at this stage is the comment from that paost -  which applies to any device ...

Best thing is to plan first!! -  sort out your legal requirements then decide how you want to use the tablets across the school -  then work out how to best to manage that using the tools available so you don't have to back track later.....

I have had a little experience with Android tabs but not enough about a multiple rollout.  Look forward to hearing how it goes!

• Y Oliver (View all users posts) 29 Nov 2012 12:32pm ()

Thanks for your very comprehensive reply.

I forgot to mention that they are Android tablets.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.