Search

How do you use technology for your own learning?

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 13 Jul 2011 2:06pm () Replies (6)

The new resource - Registered Teacher Criteria and eLearning - explores ways in which you can sustain your own professional learning [Criteria 4] using technology.

There is a number of examples suggested in the resource of ways that you can extend your own thinking using technology.

For "just in time" learning, I find social networking can offer support, via other professionals with whom I can connect.

What works for you? Share an idea that might be useful for a new teacher, or someone reviewing their own practice.

Replies

• Enabling e-Learning (View all users posts) 19 Jul 2011 4:21pm ()

Love the novel, StephanieCool - it shows your enthusiasm for learning! You have shared some great tips here for teachers who might be just setting out.

I have been mulling over the idea of one's PLN being valuable. It is certainly something I have advocated, and plenty of others on the web do, too. Is "just in time" learning as valuable as that deep learning that is sustained and focused on students? If I find a good reading that I enjoy on Twitter or via blog, is it as valid as readings explored during a two year literacy PD initiative?Undecided

Join this group to contribute to discussions.