Search

How do you use technology for your own learning?

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 13 Jul 2011 2:06pm () Replies (6)

The new resource - Registered Teacher Criteria and eLearning - explores ways in which you can sustain your own professional learning [Criteria 4] using technology.

There is a number of examples suggested in the resource of ways that you can extend your own thinking using technology.

For "just in time" learning, I find social networking can offer support, via other professionals with whom I can connect.

What works for you? Share an idea that might be useful for a new teacher, or someone reviewing their own practice.

Replies

• Moana Timoko (View all users posts) 20 May 2012 10:48am ()

Hi all - I love using the VLN and contribute to other professional learning communities as well.  I sometimes lack the confidence to add comments or questions just because I feel a little out of the loop or as if my contributions might be totally off whack!  But I've learnt so much by contributing or asking questions!!!  I'm also very lucky to work with a great team - my colleagues are great and they'll either help me directly or provide me with links on the VLN or the WWW.  I've found that reading HELP queries are good too.  Now hopefully soon I'll be on to it enough to contribute something back in the form of useful advice, suggestions or awesome new resources.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.