Search

Sock Puppets

• Public
Started by Jennie L 08 Nov 2012 2:44pm () Replies (5)

Hi

Is anyone having trouble with Sock Puppets? I'm trying to open it at school and it is prompting me for my server / internet login but not doing anything - i.e. I type them in then hit login but it doesn't go anywhere - keeps the login screen up.

My user details etc are saved to the settings on my iPad so shouldn't need to be used. I have no trouble with my other apps.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Jennie

Replies

• Danella Smallridge (View all users posts) 08 Nov 2012 3:46pm ()

Yes it won't work through school zone.  They need to be set up to bypass the server/proxy settings.  This involves selecting a range of IP addresses and then asked the server (via Telecom) to ignore those IP addresses and allow them direct access to the internet.  Tim Harper (Mount Aspiring College) is the expert to talk to.  Telecom will charge about $150 as a one off payment to set it up.

Have you tried puppetpals hd?  It works.  Maybe use this in the meantime!

Cheers,
    Danella
  • Danella Smallridge (View all users posts) 08 Nov 2012 3:46pm ()

Yes it won't work through school zone.  They need to be set up to bypass the server/proxy settings.  This involves selecting a range of IP addresses and then asked the server (via Telecom) to ignore those IP addresses and allow them direct access to the internet.  Tim Harper (Mount Aspiring College) is the expert to talk to.  Telecom will charge about $150 as a one off payment to set it up.

Cheers,
    Danella
  • Danella Smallridge (View all users posts) 08 Nov 2012 3:47pm ()

Cheers,
    Danella
  • Warren Grieve (View all users posts) 24 Nov 2012 3:57pm ()

Are you using schoolzone? I got the same but we have our own local provider who customised for free within 10 min on the phone. So it is to do with poor proxy use of sockpuppets- same for toontastic. Our guys love sockpuppets... check out our spider youtube stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/medburyschool

Join this group to contribute to discussions.