Search

So where are schools at with Volume Purchasing?

Started by Jacqui Sharp 06 Nov 2012 4:44pm () Replies (119)

http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/

I have one school that has it set up on 90 iPads. It seems to be working ok except for finding certain apps. Have any other schools out there started it? I would be interested to hear how it is going, any problems or hints to help out other schools?

Replies

• Katrina Cable (View all users posts) 28 Jun 2016 11:15am ()

Hi Vic

I manage 120+ iPads and have yet to find a foolproof easy way to manage them.  I use Meraki for deploying apps and restrictions.  I gave up on Configurator a while back.  I find it easiest to set up an iPad exactly how I want it to look.  Join it to Meraki for the restrictions and VPP licencing.  Then I back it up to the computer I have iTunes on (my TELA Windows laptop).  The next iPad gets connected to iTunes via computer and "restored" to the backup of iPad 1.  When everything is loaded, I then open Meraki and join it, in order to pick up the restrictions.  I don't use a passcode as when I want to push out a new app, this causes issues (iPad has to be unlocked to receive the installs.  The teachers/students then have to accept the install and move the app to the appropriate folder, hence getting the first one pretty much sussed before backing it up.  

I hope someone has a better solution!  

Katrina

• Katrina Cable (View all users posts) 28 Jun 2016 11:21am ()

..She says as she goes into a couple of Year 1 iPads and finds them completely messed up...

• Katrina Cable (View all users posts) 28 Jun 2016 1:35pm ()

Hi Amy

Do you have to use Configurator to enrol the iPads?  We are a Windows school and have no Mac's... Where abouts in Auckland are you?

Katrina from Glendowie School (katrinac@glendowie.school.nz)

Join this group to contribute to discussions.