Search

So where are schools at with Volume Purchasing?

Started by Jacqui Sharp 06 Nov 2012 4:44pm () Replies (119)

http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/

I have one school that has it set up on 90 iPads. It seems to be working ok except for finding certain apps. Have any other schools out there started it? I would be interested to hear how it is going, any problems or hints to help out other schools?

Replies

• Amy Massey (View all users posts) 28 Jun 2016 12:56pm ()

Hi Vic,

We went to Casper this year after previously using Meraki (we were going to have over 100 iPads and it was looking like it was going to be too expensive to keep going with Meraki). There is a set up cost and annual fee with Casper but I LOVE it. It was a bit of a hassle setting up, we enrolled each iPad in Casper using Configurator but now it's done, it seems to be smooth sailing. We can organise apps into folders using Casper, we can stop students being able to delete apps, have access to the App Store (and more), we can add websites as buttons on the Home Screen. There is also an app called Casper Focus that can be put onto the teacher iPads that allows the teachers to lock iPads into an app or website from their iPad. I haven't tried it yet, but we have also set up Apple Deployment Program and linked it to Casper, which should mean that when we purchase iPads from our IT provider in the future, we shouldn't have to spend time setting up using Configurator.

Happy to talk to people if they want more information (or potentially show you if you're in Auckland and happy to come to us).

Amy

Join this group to contribute to discussions.