Search

So where are schools at with Volume Purchasing?

Started by Jacqui Sharp 06 Nov 2012 4:44pm () Replies (119)

http://www.apple.com/education/volume-purchase-program/

I have one school that has it set up on 90 iPads. It seems to be working ok except for finding certain apps. Have any other schools out there started it? I would be interested to hear how it is going, any problems or hints to help out other schools?

Replies

• Daniel Alcock (View all users posts) 16 Mar 2013 10:49pm ()

I didn't think you could run configurator on a PC. Thought it was Mac only. I too have just signed up to VPP, and about to jump into using configurator. Thought I saw you could take an itunesU course on how to use it properly. I will be configuring 30 ipd minis using a couple of 7port USB hubs. That's really as far as I have got, I haven't even sorted my apps I want or figured out how to purchase them yet. Exciting and daunting.

• Daniel Alcock (View all users posts) 16 Mar 2013 11:29pm ()

Wish I had a techie! im a lifelong learner and I am currently learning how to set up iPads! I will try and get that discussion on key apps done although I am not sure others have an opinion yet. Really just keen to get the devices in the hands of the kids. Maybe I will set them up my way until the holidays and  then review what extras we want or don't want then! Cheers Innes, you are right about the R&D.

• Daniel Alcock (View all users posts) 26 Jun 2013 8:50pm ()

I'm not sure how they feel about it or what the legality of it is but when I get a good free one i whack it into  apple configurator straight away so it's free for distribution to all the devices configured.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.