Search

Introductions

• Public
Started by Suzie Vesper 04 Nov 2012 10:36pm () Replies (33)

Hello and welcome to everyone that has been joining the group. I am keen to hear what everyone's interests are and what we could discuss here.  I thought we could all do a bit of an introduction too!

I'm Suzie Vesper and I currently work two jobs: a national Digi Advisor for schools and an online ESOL teacher for 16 Year 7/8 students from around NZ. However, next year I am heading back to the classroom to teach Year 7/8 at Mount Pleasant School in Christchurch. I am keen to talk about anything and everything related to teaching at this level and hope to learn a lot from everyone else. I'm particularly interested in how people run their literacy and maths programmes at this level. If anyone wants help related to web 2.0 tools or Google Apps, let me know as I use these quite heavily in my online school.

So what about you?  What is your background and what are you interested in?

Replies

• Karen Mills (View all users posts) 13 Nov 2012 3:02pm ()

Afternoon All,

I am currently the Facilitator of the iTeam Tauranga cluster but will be back in the classroom next year after a 7 year break from a mainstream classroom. (OMG!!) Anyway, I will be the Syndicate Leader of a Multimedia Syndicate (1:1 Macbooks) at Tauranga Intermediate and will be teaching Year 8. 

• Karen Mills (View all users posts) 14 Nov 2012 8:21pm ()

Hi Vicki,

I ran the blogging workshop at Ulearn last year so must have been that one. Feel free to come and visit. How exciting to be having a sabbatical?

I am also interested in how the Flipped classroom might work in our environment. Lots of reading and thinking to do before next year.

Karen

Join this group to contribute to discussions.