Search

Introductions

• Public
Started by Suzie Vesper 04 Nov 2012 10:36pm () Replies (33)

Hello and welcome to everyone that has been joining the group. I am keen to hear what everyone's interests are and what we could discuss here.  I thought we could all do a bit of an introduction too!

I'm Suzie Vesper and I currently work two jobs: a national Digi Advisor for schools and an online ESOL teacher for 16 Year 7/8 students from around NZ. However, next year I am heading back to the classroom to teach Year 7/8 at Mount Pleasant School in Christchurch. I am keen to talk about anything and everything related to teaching at this level and hope to learn a lot from everyone else. I'm particularly interested in how people run their literacy and maths programmes at this level. If anyone wants help related to web 2.0 tools or Google Apps, let me know as I use these quite heavily in my online school.

So what about you?  What is your background and what are you interested in?

Replies

• stephc (View all users posts) 22 Feb 2015 5:59pm ()

Hi

I'm Steph Campbell.  I'm DP at Hutt Central School Lower Hutt Wellington.  2015 will be my second year at the school.  I lead the Yr 5/6 team and have 2 days a week release from the classroom for my DP responsibilities.  Coming to Hutt Central is exciting but has required me to adjust my programme to cater for the different digital environment.  My previous school had more hardware and more things in place in terms of eLearning.  It has been exciting and challenging to lead change in eLearning in a bigger school. 

I'm always excited by connecting with teachers and love the freedom that technology is giving us in terms of sharing resources.  The NZ teachers ( primary) facebook page has brought me here.  

I hope I can add to the shared forum and thanks in advance for any info I will receive from the group.  Will endeavour to share and not lurke too much. 

Thanks

@stephcamp1  http://2getherin2015.blogspot.co.nz/

Join this group to contribute to discussions.