Search

Science online

• Public
Started by Joy Kitt 03 Sep 2012 12:20pm () Replies (3)

Check out this new post on "Joy of Science"

/groupcms/view/711073/what-ifyou-could-understand-big-numbers

"Joy of Science" is updated each week with online resources for science.  Get the conversation going with something new each week. There are sites to try, inspiration from gadgets, art, wondering 'what if..?' and thinking together - trying a culturally responsive approach to science.  This week I hope you'll be inspired to check your use of plastic packaging after seeing the art by Chris Jordan.

So - have a look and grab life by the science.

Screen shot 2012-08-14 at 11.36.25 AM.png

Replies

• Katarina Moore (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2012 12:05am ()

Thank you Joy for the inspiring ideas. The Gadget page - Artificial Limbs certainly created fantastic discussion and wonderings in my classroom. Next week we will look at worms. It will be fun to dig around in our worm farm and have an opportunity to observe closely. Looking forward to see what you come up with next.

Ka kite ano Smile

Katarina

• Joy Kitt (View all users posts) 04 Sep 2012 9:26pm ()

thanks Katarina. i put a new post on one of the headings each monday ( if life goew well!) I 'm glad the limbs post got your class thinking and talking. fantastic...i hope they have been watching the paralympics, very interesting controversy within the balderunners today! let me know if your class hasa particular interest I might be able to elp you with.

j

Join this group to contribute to discussions.