Search

Strategic Plan Examples

Started by Matthew Cooke 23 Aug 2012 11:13am () Replies (17)

We are currently reviewing our strategic plan for ICT/elearning.   Does anbody have any examples they can provide?  Thanks - Matthew Cooke mcooke@somint.school.nz

Replies

• Andy England (View all users posts) 12 Nov 2012 9:52pm ()

I have an initial meeting next week to discuss our ICT vision and strategic plan.  Intend to use e-learning planning framework and a review done by Derek Wenmoth here last year. 

I really like the poutama tool used in He Kakano.

I know lots of peopel hate Microsoft but I loved their learning and planning tools, not dissimilar to the e-learning planning tool.  Lots of other tools too if you have time to check...http://www.microsoft.com/education/en-nz/leadership/Pages/index.aspx 

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 03 Nov 2012 3:55pm ()

Here's another example of e-learning-related strategic planning from Tony Greer at St James' Catholic School: /file/view/739468/elearning-strategic-plan-2012-2014pdf

In it, you can see the way that the learners, the curriculum and the school vision are clearly to the fore and the way the e-Learning Planning Framework has informed planning across the five key dimensions.

[...and I'll see what I can do to fix the images in this thread:-)]

• L. Nicholson (View all users posts) 02 Nov 2012 7:13pm ()

We have yet to have ultra fast broad band fitted and I am beginning to feel left behind. I have been elected to be part of a working group to focus on the use of IT and the needs of it and this have enjoyed some of the comments posted and the quality of information that is shared. Is this not true leadership in one of its senses..giving it away to reap it back.

What i have often seen is a department demanding new equipment and soft wear because they can or because they have a like it or because they have been told its the best thing since sliced bread.

As a team we are looking at the big questions of 
    "where in our Pathway of learning is IT being planned /integrated?"
    "How are we embracing new ideas/concepts of and in IT?
    "Are we allowing our students to lead the learning where they are the experts as much as we can?"

In short we are looking the whole and are often shot down when the tehnology is not developing excellent students. IT needs to be embedded in the planning and not as an add on which sadly has been the case. This brings me to agree with some posted comments on this site in that we need to develop further or revisit this planning looking from all aspects of ther school. This could be done via suverys..online of course..question and answer sessions as we are a small college .

We also need to be couragious and leap forward..our students do it all the time...

• Matthew Williams (View all users posts) 21 Oct 2012 9:06pm ()

very impressive visual  diagram...pretty much works well with your charter i'm sure...

we had the issue four years ago where the school had nothing IT wise including infrastrcture.  THe lab was 30 computers that were way over 8 years old and all standalone...so i had to do a needs analysis and write a strategic plan based on needs analysis - what we need, why we need it and how can we get there.  Also having to make sure that the the decsions made were actually worthwhile and would not become an expensive mistake - which can easily be done by rushing into things.  We also had to ensure that our infrastructure, when installed, was future proofed ready for fibre!! all this with a $500,000 deficit to get out of.  Four years on and things are much brighter and we're now, finally at the integration of a sound ICT programme in school for 2013

• joleneb (View all users posts) 28 Aug 2012 8:59am ()

Thanks Claire :)

• Claire Amos (View all users posts) 28 Aug 2012 8:29am ()

Hi there,

We deal with this via the tick box at the bottom of our Digital Citizenship Contract all students sign. You are welcome to use anything that looks useful.

/resources/view/51302/digital-citizenship-contract-and-resources

Cheers

Claire
  • joleneb (View all users posts) 28 Aug 2012 8:18am ()

Hi,

To save me reinventing the wheel does anyone have documentation, policy around student images and the school website and blogs being public that they would be happy to share. About to formulate these and issue out to parents but know most schools have these already and be great to piggy back rather than starting from scratch.

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 24 Aug 2012 1:18pm ()

Loved the diagram Freya, very inclusive. I was logged in to Google docs, so when I clicked on the link, it took me there.

Here's an informal wiki created for ICT PD clusters (a few years back), called, ICT PD Strategic Planning wiki. There are links to school-wide documentation, strategic planning processes as well as some examples schools have shared. Hopefully there are aspects of this, that are still relevant Smile

• Nathaniel Louwrens (View all users posts) 24 Aug 2012 8:43am ()

Thanks iDave

That worked for me.

• Rebecca Ronald (View all users posts) 24 Aug 2012 8:41am ()

The image won't work for me either - right-clicking doesn;t give me the 'open in new tab' option.

Rebecca

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.