Search

The best interactive whiteboards/projectors?

Started by Sam Hamilton 06 Aug 2012 12:58pm () Replies (17)

Kia Ora Tatau,

I am a Teacher at Matata Public School in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.  We are just beginning our e-learning journey are i am investigating how well interative whiteboards work in the classroom and what are the best projectors and software to get.  I was wondering if folks could pass on some of their knowledge in this area.  

Our school has very high ceilings and also as lots of trucks drive past the school there is a lot of shaking.  THis may cause trouble with collaboration of software.  So i have been thinking of 'short-throw' projectors.  Can anybody tell me much about these? are these a projectors to use?  

Also, in terms of making our whiteboards interative what hardware/software would people recommend?  I have heard schools use different things for different year groups.  Is there a difference in what they can do for different year groups?

This is my first post on here and any help would be hugely appreciated.  i am sure there are lots of questions i have failed to ask but this is just a start:o)

Thanks vary much,

Sam Hamilton

Replies

• Sam Hamilton (View all users posts) 22 Aug 2012 1:34pm ()

Hello everybody, thanks for the great responses.  I have found out something myself with your help!  I think the short throw projectors are the go.  THe interactive ones look good as well!  

Torque IP have provided me with some information and i am looking forward to finding out more about these in the near future.

My next query is about software and interactive resources.  What is the software like on your interactive whiteboards?  Have any of you found good interactive resources online that you can use?  

Thank you all in advance for any info!

• Sam Hamilton (View all users posts) 22 Aug 2012 1:48pm ()

Hi Craig,  Can you provide me with some info regarding your epson projectors?  Are they interactive in of themselves, or is that with the mimio capabilities?  We have one mimio here at school which works with your everyday run of the mill projector which makes them interactive.  

If your projectors are interactive, is the mimio software better than the software that comes with the projector?

What is the feedback of the epson projectors from your teachers? do they work well? enhance teaching?  can laptops connect to the projectors wirelessly? or are they hard wired.

Thanks a lot!

• Sam Hamilton (View all users posts) 13 Oct 2012 12:08pm ()

Well i have just returned from uLearn2012 and am no cloder to making a decision.  I really liked what smart board and ActiveBoard had to offer, but will they suit the classrooms we are trying to develop.  Where we move away from teachers at the front of the classroom teaching to a more facilitator role, will Interative whiteboards loose some of their purpoer.  

Would an interactive projective/big screen tv with apple tv and ipads be a better way to go.

THis is beginning to hurt my brain...which isn;t all that hard after the rediculous mount to thinking that went on this past week at uLearn...

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.