Search

The best interactive whiteboards/projectors?

Started by Sam Hamilton 06 Aug 2012 12:58pm () Replies (17)

Kia Ora Tatau,

I am a Teacher at Matata Public School in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.  We are just beginning our e-learning journey are i am investigating how well interative whiteboards work in the classroom and what are the best projectors and software to get.  I was wondering if folks could pass on some of their knowledge in this area.  

Our school has very high ceilings and also as lots of trucks drive past the school there is a lot of shaking.  THis may cause trouble with collaboration of software.  So i have been thinking of 'short-throw' projectors.  Can anybody tell me much about these? are these a projectors to use?  

Also, in terms of making our whiteboards interative what hardware/software would people recommend?  I have heard schools use different things for different year groups.  Is there a difference in what they can do for different year groups?

This is my first post on here and any help would be hugely appreciated.  i am sure there are lots of questions i have failed to ask but this is just a start:o)

Thanks vary much,

Sam Hamilton

Replies

• Andrew Wooster (View all users posts) 13 Oct 2012 12:22pm ()

haha Sam, I agree, my brain is hurting at the term hasn't started yet.  Many companies will give you a test drive of tech gear if you find the right rep......tell them you want to spend six figure and they get around fairly quick!! Then get the students to decide? Just a thought and I'm procrastinating. Wink

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.