Search

What's the most powerful professional e-learning experience you've had?

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 29 Jun 2011 10:32am () Replies (22)

In 140 characters (or more, if you're feeling chatty!Wink

Was there a 'light bulb' moment - or was it a slow-rolling sustained exploration over time?

Replies

• Suzie Vesper (View all users posts) 12 Aug 2011 11:07am ()

For me personally, one of my light bulb moments was attending a Natcoll course on video editing using Final Cut. I had signed up to the intermediate level class as it was the only one available before I needed to use the software to edit videos from a conference. I had thought that I would cope OK being relatively quick to pick up new tools but the class was just me and two professional video editors that were comparing Final Cut to another tool they normally used. There was a lot of editing jargon used and assumptions about what people knew and I have never had to concentrate so hard in my life to keep up. I was exhausted at the end of each day. I realised that this is how teachers have probably felt that I have worked with to support them in using ICT when this is not an area that they have any confidence in and it was completely outside of their comfort zone. It was a humbling and illuminating experience.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.