Search

What's the most powerful professional e-learning experience you've had?

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 29 Jun 2011 10:32am () Replies (22)

In 140 characters (or more, if you're feeling chatty!Wink

Was there a 'light bulb' moment - or was it a slow-rolling sustained exploration over time?

Replies

• Anne Sturgess (View all users posts) 15 Aug 2011 9:11am ()

My most powerful e-learning took place in 1982 when I was a student on the Diploma in Special Education course. We visited a local school where we had the privilege of observing a young boy with cerebral palsy use a computer-assisted device for the first time; a wand operated by his cheek muscle, which was the only muscle over which he had full voluntary control. This allowed him to communicate via the computer and meant that he could finally demonstrate the extent of his wonderful intelligence and imagination. I was immediately captured by the potential of technology as a catalyst for meaningful learning for all children but especially for those who learn at a different pace and level to others and/or require significant adaptation to their learning environment in order for them to thrive as learners. It is wonderful to see assistive technology used to help students access learning and also to see e-Learning tools used to extend students in their learning (i.e. differentiation).

Join this group to contribute to discussions.