Search

Bulk send photos from computer to iPad

• Public
Started by Jacqui Sharp 02 Aug 2012 1:38pm () Replies (12)

There are plenty of apps that will send photos from the iPad to the computer, but not the other way round. I have been getting teachers to use Dropbox to transfer selected photos but it is time consuming. Does anybody know of a way/app to  transfer lots of photos to iPad but not using iTunes sync?

Replies

• Jacqui Sharp (View all users posts) 03 Aug 2012 3:57pm ()

Thanks all for  your suggestions, this is what I tried and what worked well starting with the best

• emailing photos,  export from iPhoto or Photos library and compress if images are too big, email to email address on iPad, tap on the share button and tap on 'Save # images', the images go to Camera Roll
    • Photosync app, costs $2.59 similar to Photo transfer but you need to download the Photosync app companion to your computer to send photos/videos from computer to iPad, photos transferred very quickly. Also transfers to Dropbox, Google Drive, Flickr etc. No limit on number. Buy once and use on all devices (iPods, iPhones)
    • Photo transfer app, costs $4.19 transfers photos and videos from computer to iPad and the reverse iPad to Computer, a little slower than emailing but still worked quite well. Limit of 200 photos at a time. Buy once and use on all devices (iPods, iPhones)
    • Photo Sort app, costs $2.59 found that one difficult to use with a lot to setup, some teachers would find this tricky to use

So the free option of emailing worked the best but I think that I will also recommend using Photo sync and/or Photo transfer as well for the other choices they offer. Thanks for all your help!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.