Search

The e-Learning Planning Framework - how and why to use it | NAPP Kōrero 16

Started by Karen Spencer 31 Jul 2012 9:14pm () Replies (309)

NAPP logoHaere mai to all NAPP akonga! Welcome to the Enabling e-Learning: Leadership group, and to this kōrero, exploring how we might use the e-Learning Planning Framework to help our schools develop future-focused learning for a digital world. On behalf of the Blended e-Learning team and our wider community, I hope you'll enjoy rich discussion over the coming weeks.Laughing

How do you know what your school needs, in terms of using ICTs for effective learning? Where do you start to plan?

The e-Learning Planning Framework (English-medium), developed by Te Toi Tupu on behalf of the Ministry of Education, offers a roadmap to

• support schools to review where they are, 
  • prioritise where they might go next, and 
  • plan the steps to get there.

The framework is supported by examples and resources for leaders and teachers, not least of which is the Enabling e-Learning hub on TKI and the VLN.  Have a look at this video below that unpacks the key ideas, and browse the links above.

What aspects of the framework look useful for your school - and why? How might you use it for planning?

Replies

• Carl Condliffe (View all users posts) 24 Nov 2015 9:48am ()

I really like the e-Learning Planning Framework. It clearly outlines the "evolution" of a school with regard to their integration of technology in meaningful ways. I actually wish I had seen this document a lot earlier than I had!

I have taught in two schools at the time they were implementing their BYOD / e-Learning plans, and I must say that one school implemented it significantly better than the other. The big difference between the two was the Pre Emerging phase of the eLPF. There was a really strong direction and focus provided by the leadership team who had created goals linking to the schools strategic plan. As the school moved into the Emerging phase (which lasted 1-2 years) the staff were given significant PD and support in looking at meaningful uses of technology in the classroom - Less substitution and more authentic approaches! That particular school transitioned into each phase in a positive manner and both students and teachers were better positioned for it.

The other school took more of a "provide the infrastructure and devices" approach and hoped for the best. Safe to say that staff confidence is lower than it could be and technology is not really embedded as it could / should be.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.