Search

The e-Learning Planning Framework - how and why to use it | NAPP Kōrero 16

Started by Karen Spencer 31 Jul 2012 9:14pm () Replies (309)

NAPP logoHaere mai to all NAPP akonga! Welcome to the Enabling e-Learning: Leadership group, and to this kōrero, exploring how we might use the e-Learning Planning Framework to help our schools develop future-focused learning for a digital world. On behalf of the Blended e-Learning team and our wider community, I hope you'll enjoy rich discussion over the coming weeks.Laughing

How do you know what your school needs, in terms of using ICTs for effective learning? Where do you start to plan?

The e-Learning Planning Framework (English-medium), developed by Te Toi Tupu on behalf of the Ministry of Education, offers a roadmap to

• support schools to review where they are, 
  • prioritise where they might go next, and 
  • plan the steps to get there.

The framework is supported by examples and resources for leaders and teachers, not least of which is the Enabling e-Learning hub on TKI and the VLN.  Have a look at this video below that unpacks the key ideas, and browse the links above.

What aspects of the framework look useful for your school - and why? How might you use it for planning?

Replies

• Margaret Williams (View all users posts) 14 Nov 2012 7:56pm ()

As always some interesting comments being made. Having looked thoroughly at the e-learning framework I believe that this provides a clear structure for a school to move forward. As educators we need to be aware of technological changes but we don’t always have to be the leaders of this in our schools. There will always be those on our staff who have a passion for e-learning and who want to lead the way…they are who the rest of us can learn from. At present my school is working in a very ad hoc e-learning environment; we are staring to pull aspects together but I believe this e-learning framework will give us something structured to move forward with. As Ben has so rightly stated ‘the greatest obstacle to this change is the barriers in my own and other teachers’ heads, not the students!!  The greatest challenge to school leaders is the aging population of teachers who are not technologically savy or connected’. Ben also makes the very valid point that the infrastructure needs to be reliable as that is the biggest obstacle amongst our staff.

My personal goal in 2013 is to develop my e-learning capability but the hardest part is knowing where to start as it is a case of ‘I don’t know what I don’t know’. Having some PD around this whole area will support where I am going. The NAPP programme has certainly challenged me in the use of e-environments.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.