Search

The e-Learning Planning Framework - how and why to use it | NAPP Kōrero 16

Started by Karen Spencer 31 Jul 2012 9:14pm () Replies (309)

NAPP logoHaere mai to all NAPP akonga! Welcome to the Enabling e-Learning: Leadership group, and to this kōrero, exploring how we might use the e-Learning Planning Framework to help our schools develop future-focused learning for a digital world. On behalf of the Blended e-Learning team and our wider community, I hope you'll enjoy rich discussion over the coming weeks.Laughing

How do you know what your school needs, in terms of using ICTs for effective learning? Where do you start to plan?

The e-Learning Planning Framework (English-medium), developed by Te Toi Tupu on behalf of the Ministry of Education, offers a roadmap to

• support schools to review where they are, 
  • prioritise where they might go next, and 
  • plan the steps to get there.

The framework is supported by examples and resources for leaders and teachers, not least of which is the Enabling e-Learning hub on TKI and the VLN.  Have a look at this video below that unpacks the key ideas, and browse the links above.

What aspects of the framework look useful for your school - and why? How might you use it for planning?

Replies

• Blair Giles (View all users posts) 01 Nov 2012 9:38pm ()

Kia ora Anne, the webinar was great and had some very human moments which was my first experience of this, in the past webinars have felt more like plugging yourself into the matrix or donating organs.  you should have a look through the archive when it appears.  It was good for me because i am a newbie at using the ELPF.  I liked your ideas around children facilitating sessions with parents and other community members - Real world learning for students - MAGIC.

A few other people in the posts above seem tocome from similar contacts to us - we have had a complete rebuild at our school - hugely taxing on class teachers, but it meant new wiring and i think i can say that we are totally ready for UFBB that will come to our corner of west Auckland early/mid next year.  The challenge for us oin the context of the framework is to use what we have and to use it creatively (a la Kevin Honeycutt). we have a high access environment and teachers who are learners and sharers and social media addicts (in a good way) but the challenge is to be thinking about the next step in the journey while looking down at hte path - for us that means, 21stC learning that is flexible, negotiated and real. Our children have high expectations for technology but low expectations for meaningful, real world, deep learning.  We want our students to be content creators rather than content consumers.  this is the key thing that that framework has highlighted for me, and also that we can hopefully use it to inform our BoT of the bigger picture (national trends and expecations - set by schools not the MoE) and of course to provide rigor in showcasing deep, negotiated learning that is not assessible through national standards (ie: outside of reading, writing and maths). Creativity.  

um, that feels like a bit of a rant. i shall get off my soapbox now.  

To finish, i really like what Peter said [above] in his comments from Kathy Sierra, that it is "about making ALL users awesome" 

Thanks Karen, Tessa et al for the webinar. Kia ora

Blair (@mumbleboy)

• Blair Giles (View all users posts) 01 Nov 2012 9:39pm ()

Get out there Freya and visit some schools that you know are doing good things - it'd be great professional learning, alongside the use of these resources.  Good luck!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.