Search

The e-Learning Planning Framework - how and why to use it | NAPP Kōrero 16

Started by Karen Spencer 31 Jul 2012 9:14pm () Replies (309)

NAPP logoHaere mai to all NAPP akonga! Welcome to the Enabling e-Learning: Leadership group, and to this kōrero, exploring how we might use the e-Learning Planning Framework to help our schools develop future-focused learning for a digital world. On behalf of the Blended e-Learning team and our wider community, I hope you'll enjoy rich discussion over the coming weeks.Laughing

How do you know what your school needs, in terms of using ICTs for effective learning? Where do you start to plan?

The e-Learning Planning Framework (English-medium), developed by Te Toi Tupu on behalf of the Ministry of Education, offers a roadmap to

• support schools to review where they are, 
  • prioritise where they might go next, and 
  • plan the steps to get there.

The framework is supported by examples and resources for leaders and teachers, not least of which is the Enabling e-Learning hub on TKI and the VLN.  Have a look at this video below that unpacks the key ideas, and browse the links above.

What aspects of the framework look useful for your school - and why? How might you use it for planning?

Replies

• Scott Symes (View all users posts) 29 Oct 2012 7:34am ()

Im really looking forward to using the framework within our school. We have often talked about developing a vision focused on e-learning and a the need for our strategic plan to address the schools e-learning needs but have always stopped short of getting it done. I think the idea of e-learning is so massive and daunting that we had no real starting point or a 'road map' to follow. Also the idea of pouring money into 'gadgets' and 'toys' without any real consultation or strategic plan to guide us was scary and ultimately foolish-however we have done this in the past so not wanting to get burnt again we have neglected to make this a priority area.  However I have a renewed sense of determination especially after seeing all the support and links this forum is providing and the webinar coming up-which I am very much looking forward to.
    I have the principal on board and we are determined to begin this all important journey!

• Scott Symes (View all users posts) 01 Nov 2012 9:04am ()

After listening to the webinar yesterday I feel so much more prepared to use the framework with staff next year to start setting strategic goals for e-learning. I know the framework is going to be very useful in helping the school and staff set a vision and purpose which is the fundamental basis for any successful school tackling e-learning. The framework will help map where the school is currently at and help map forward to ensure the schools on continuing to grow in this area-using ERO recommendations and consultation with key stake holders will ensure we are building on the current picture.
    It was great to hear that in order for effective e-learning to be sustainable all 5 dimensions need to be intergrated-using the framework to review how each dimension is currently being implemented within the school.

How will the framework help in my role as a leader:

Framework will help the gathering of data to set strategic goals.
    The framework will provide validity for planning and using data.
    It will help focus the learning and identify how e-learning enhances learning rather than just using devices and ‘toys’
    It will help frame questions for consultation with community and students.
    It will help guide the 5yr plan-aligning Annual and strategic goals.
    The framework will promote professional conversations  helping to get a common understanding and a shared vision.

II thought the resources Tessa shared were great ands will help design some effective PD sessions with senior management and staff to start the ball rolling! Feeling a lot more positive and supported to start this journey.

• Scott Symes (View all users posts) 01 Mar 2013 2:59pm ()

Hi everybody looking for some support around developing my e-learning teams knowledge around 'What is e-learning?' I have been looking for some quality readings or clips that explore this topic so we can all get a shared understanding of what we want to achieve. If theres anyone who can reccommend a 'teacher friendly' reading or clips that would support this concept I would be very grateful

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.