Search

The e-Learning Planning Framework - how and why to use it | NAPP Kōrero 16

Started by Karen Spencer 31 Jul 2012 9:14pm () Replies (309)

NAPP logoHaere mai to all NAPP akonga! Welcome to the Enabling e-Learning: Leadership group, and to this kōrero, exploring how we might use the e-Learning Planning Framework to help our schools develop future-focused learning for a digital world. On behalf of the Blended e-Learning team and our wider community, I hope you'll enjoy rich discussion over the coming weeks.Laughing

How do you know what your school needs, in terms of using ICTs for effective learning? Where do you start to plan?

The e-Learning Planning Framework (English-medium), developed by Te Toi Tupu on behalf of the Ministry of Education, offers a roadmap to

• support schools to review where they are, 
  • prioritise where they might go next, and 
  • plan the steps to get there.

The framework is supported by examples and resources for leaders and teachers, not least of which is the Enabling e-Learning hub on TKI and the VLN.  Have a look at this video below that unpacks the key ideas, and browse the links above.

What aspects of the framework look useful for your school - and why? How might you use it for planning?

Replies

• Michael Molloy (View all users posts) 02 Oct 2012 11:02am ()

Hi Freya, I'm in the same boat as you here. We are just thinking about where we are heading with eLearning. Our school had done the 3 year ICT contract just before I arrived and I am struggling to see the benefits of this. I really need to stocktake to see where we are at now and where we can head in the next 3 year cycle. I think this tool is exactly what we need to get started!

• Michael Molloy (View all users posts) 05 Nov 2012 8:50pm ()

The e-Learning planning framework is a great way for schools to take an internal but 'independent' look into where the school is currently placed. So many times we go about things the wrong way - e.g. not having a clear vision for e-learning, not having schoolwide infrastructure in place before purchasing devices. The school also need to do a check of where each teacher is at in their own learning so a strategic plan can be put in place to move them forward in their learning.

The planning framework has thought around all these issues and can help schools effectively plan for a successful future. 

I do question the old addage of having a 'COW' of computers. I believe the technology needs to be embedded into everyday use and not when I have the laptops booked! 

I will be using this tool next year to help find our next steps. I think everyone should either join the webinar of watch the recording.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Leadership

e-Learning: Leadership

Exploring leadership for change, vision, policy and strategy that integrates ICTs into learning.