Search

Announcing PadCamp Christchurch!

Started by Carol Kendall 14 Jul 2012 8:41pm () Replies (2)

Hi everyone

I'm excited to be organising an 'UnConference' this term, that many of you may be interested in attending.

What's an UnConference? It's a very informal conference, where the workshops are decided on the day, and where everyone shares and learns from each other according to their interests - and, it's free!. In this case, the focus of the day is the creative use of iPads and iPod Touches by students - hence the name 'PadCamp'.

Please read the information below, and follow the link to find out more about this exciting event that's coming up on Saturday 1 September 2012. I hope you will register for what is shaping up to be a fun day and a great chance to learn and share alongside many other teachers.

PadCamp Christchurch is an UnConference focusing on the CREATIVE use of iPads and iPod Touches by STUDENTS.

How can STUDENTS use these tools to become artists, musicians, story-tellers (photographers, authors, movie-makers/animators, and broadcasters)!

• Please join us as we learn and share with others - time to play with the tools, try things out.
  • Our day will be organised according to the creative areas listed above. But YOU decide what we learn, share, try out during those times.

Find out all the details and register at the PadCamp Christchurch Wiki. Please spread the word amongst your teaching colleagues and on Twitter (#padcampchch).

We'd love to see you there!

Carol Kendall

Replies

• Claire Buist (View all users posts) 14 Jul 2012 8:46pm ()

Carol! This sounds so exciting! Only today, I downloaded I-Movie onto our set of I Pads! Looking for ways to link to creative use and producing "text" in our team! Keen to help if you need a hand but will definitely be there!!! 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.