Search

Integrating iPads into the maths programme

• Public
Started by Jasmine Rolton 11 Jun 2012 11:07pm () Replies (30)

I am planning to take a workshop in the holidays that highlights the use of iPads within the maths programme.

I am very keen to hear from all of you about what is working well, at what levels and why?  

I myself have had recent success with the show me app.  Students will use this app to reconsolidate learning independently by recording their WALT and strategies used to achieve success.  

It is an excellent way to gather evidennce of learning through the students writing, retell being written and steps verbally recorded, as well as photos taken and recorded if materials are used to problem solve.  This can then be emailed to the teacher or uploaded to the class blog page. 

I look forward to you sharing some of your success stories of what apps are being used within your maths programme.

Replies

• Carol Kendall (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2012 3:59pm ()

Judy, I'm interested to hear more about these covers - would it be possible for you to upload some photos of them? I have just emailed the contact you gave. Do they have a website? The covers we used to get are no longer available, and I've just spent the day doing the rounds of other retailers and don't like anything that's on offer. Hence my interest in what you have purchased.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.