Search

Integrating iPads into the maths programme

• Public
Started by Jasmine Rolton 11 Jun 2012 11:07pm () Replies (30)

I am planning to take a workshop in the holidays that highlights the use of iPads within the maths programme.

I am very keen to hear from all of you about what is working well, at what levels and why?  

I myself have had recent success with the show me app.  Students will use this app to reconsolidate learning independently by recording their WALT and strategies used to achieve success.  

It is an excellent way to gather evidennce of learning through the students writing, retell being written and steps verbally recorded, as well as photos taken and recorded if materials are used to problem solve.  This can then be emailed to the teacher or uploaded to the class blog page. 

I look forward to you sharing some of your success stories of what apps are being used within your maths programme.

Replies

• Judy Hawtin (View all users posts) 13 Jun 2012 6:47pm ()

Hi Barbara

I purchased 15 covers at the beginning of the term for $20.00 each.  They look and feel like leather, come in several colours, have a magnetic closure and all the ports have easy access.  We have just ordered another 15 as no-one locally can come near the price.  Here's the companies email.  Let them know you are a school as this price was because we were a school.  stile.ayl@gmail.com

Join this group to contribute to discussions.