Search

Integrating iPads into the maths programme

• Public
Started by Jasmine Rolton 11 Jun 2012 11:07pm () Replies (30)

I am planning to take a workshop in the holidays that highlights the use of iPads within the maths programme.

I am very keen to hear from all of you about what is working well, at what levels and why?  

I myself have had recent success with the show me app.  Students will use this app to reconsolidate learning independently by recording their WALT and strategies used to achieve success.  

It is an excellent way to gather evidennce of learning through the students writing, retell being written and steps verbally recorded, as well as photos taken and recorded if materials are used to problem solve.  This can then be emailed to the teacher or uploaded to the class blog page. 

I look forward to you sharing some of your success stories of what apps are being used within your maths programme.

Replies

• Jasmine Rolton (View all users posts) 02 Jul 2012 10:16am ()

Thanks for the suggestions of your favourite maths apps.  I have found another exciting app since my discover of Show Me.  I really like the this one and look forward to using it next term.  It has features similar to Show Me but it has a keyboard.  This appeals to me (the neat freak I am), it also gives a variety of text sizes when writing on the keyboard and when using your finger. Educreations (free) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/educreations-interactive-whiteboard/id478617061?mt=8

iPad covers - we have a variety - one like leather that cost $10, the down side is the cover needs to come off to take photos/videos.  The first covers we purchased have a magnetic shut top and cost $60 each however the material is coming away from the latch (I am assuming this is due to overuse - which I would consider to be a good thing).

I am now on the hunt for memory match maths apps - oodles to explore and all seem to cost - is anyone using a good one they could recommend?

• Jasmine Rolton (View all users posts) 08 Jul 2012 7:41pm ()
    Thanks Bruce for sharing your experience with Explain Everything - I will investigate this app and have a play these hoildays. 

Also "Flipping the classroom"  this is the second time tonight I have read this title - I will look into this concept. 

Presentation went well thank you - you can check it out if your keen... 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.