Search

Integrating iPads into the maths programme

• Public
Started by Jasmine Rolton 11 Jun 2012 11:07pm () Replies (30)

I am planning to take a workshop in the holidays that highlights the use of iPads within the maths programme.

I am very keen to hear from all of you about what is working well, at what levels and why?  

I myself have had recent success with the show me app.  Students will use this app to reconsolidate learning independently by recording their WALT and strategies used to achieve success.  

It is an excellent way to gather evidennce of learning through the students writing, retell being written and steps verbally recorded, as well as photos taken and recorded if materials are used to problem solve.  This can then be emailed to the teacher or uploaded to the class blog page. 

I look forward to you sharing some of your success stories of what apps are being used within your maths programme.

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 11 Jun 2012 11:17pm ()

There seems to be a quizzillion maths basic facts apps but only a few that are more that glorified worksheets. That's why I like these.

https://sites.google.com/site/initialipadsetup/maths

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 28 Feb 2014 10:05pm ()

I am about to share a iPad workshop focussed on numeracy resources on an iPad for primary teachers. I thought I would ask if people had any particular favourites.

I know there are hundreds of 'kill and drill' type apps but I am looking for ones that will adapt for learners and ones where you don't have to start at the bottom each time you start the app, hopefully ones that are adaptive or that the teacher can adapt. 

So far I have got

• Show Me
    • Explain Everything
    • The Maths Slide Series
    • I Can Count Money NZ
    • Sakura Quick Math
    • Math Tappers- Number Find
    • Multi-touch math
    • Motion Math
    • Hundred Board
    • Tens Frame
    • Number Pieces

What else do you think could be in my presentation??????

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 01 Mar 2014 9:40pm ()

It's not finished yet but here is what I have got so far.

https://sites.google.com/site/initialipadsetup/maths-presentation

I only have an hour so will have to rip along. Because people will be coming together from a variety of schools some will have some of the apps on their iPads so hopefully there will be enough to go round. Otherwise it might be more of a 'show and tell' kind of thing. 

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 01 Mar 2014 11:19pm ()

I have used Tiny Tap which is free but doesn't have the multiplayer aspect which would be very cool.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.