Search

Integrating iPads into the maths programme

• Public
Started by Jasmine Rolton 11 Jun 2012 11:07pm () Replies (30)

I am planning to take a workshop in the holidays that highlights the use of iPads within the maths programme.

I am very keen to hear from all of you about what is working well, at what levels and why?  

I myself have had recent success with the show me app.  Students will use this app to reconsolidate learning independently by recording their WALT and strategies used to achieve success.  

It is an excellent way to gather evidennce of learning through the students writing, retell being written and steps verbally recorded, as well as photos taken and recorded if materials are used to problem solve.  This can then be emailed to the teacher or uploaded to the class blog page. 

I look forward to you sharing some of your success stories of what apps are being used within your maths programme.

Replies

• Bevan James (View all users posts) 16 Jul 2012 9:53pm ()

I have been trialling Show Me myself and plan to roll it out to my class this term as I now have 5 ipads in my class. I just need to get past some proxy issues at school. I've set up a class account and have made a link on my class 2 clicks site. I reckon we can build a great little library of our own tutorials and the children will be able to link it to their online portfolios to show parents ...

As I'm also moving towards a flipped style classroom I'm going to make some showme's to get the children thinking before we do class learning - might be more meaningful (for a while anyway) to hear my voice rather than just another randome youtube vid.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.