Search

Te Wiki o te Reo Māori

Started by Tania 10 Jun 2012 11:38am () Replies (21)

The dates for Te Wiki o te Reo Māori/Māori Language Week are 23-29 July. This year, the theme is -Arohatia te Reo, which means 'to cherish the language.'

I have been reflecting on the following questions and would love to share some ideas.

How do you 'cherish the language' in your daily practice?

How do you encourage our tamariki to cherish the language?

How can we utilise ICT to support us in cherishing the language?

If you are wanting resources to support Te Wiki o te Reo Māori, there are FREE resources available through the Korero Māori Website.  There are also lots of ideas on the Maōri Language Week page.

Replies

• Tania (View all users posts) 10 Jun 2012 11:41am ()

Reomations is a FANTASTIC resource that I use in my teaching practice to support my learning and to motivate children to create their own 'reomations' using te reo.  We have started our 'mihi' and are using kidpix to create our own digital mihi.  Watch this space...

• Tania (View all users posts) 11 Jun 2012 7:54pm ()

Kia Ora Ronald and Anaru - Thanks for sharing your comments.  Ronald - I look forward to seeing your You Tube video once created.  Make sure you put a link to it from the VLN so we can all learn from your students.  Would 1 of your classes be interested in skyping with a class in Whangarei to share their karakia, waiata, whakatauki and pepeha.  It would be great to share their skills and knowledge especially with Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori coming upLaughing Anaru - Animoto is a great tool and fantastic idea to use this to create mihi.  I am hoping to gain permissions from whānau of the students I worked with so I am able to publish their kidpix mahi online.  Watch this space!  I am currently putting together a 'digital kit' for Māori Language Week and will invite you in.  

Join this group to contribute to discussions.