Search

Interactive projectors: Pros and cons

• Public
Started by Karen Spencer 09 Jun 2012 11:58pm () Replies (2)

Hi all,

This is a purchasing decision that a school, with whom I am working, is grappling with. I note this useful article, 'Wired Up' from School News, and found it helpful.

Do you have experience of interactive projectors in your schools? If so, what have you found the pros and cons to be, in terms of their flexibility for supporting learning?

All feedback and 'war stories' welcome:-)

Cheers

Karen

Replies

• Simon Evans (View all users posts) 10 Jun 2012 7:40am ()

I have been working with a school in the Hawkes Bay who had previously ceiling mounted projectors onto wall mounted interactive whiteboards. They have replaced this system with short throw, interactive projectors due to the fact that calibration had been an issue with the number of heavy trucks passing by the school. There is no calibration issue with the system you are talking about. This is a big advantage when you consider lowering frustration of staff.

There are also a number of different software availble to support their use. But, really there dynamic use in the classroom is really down to the individual teacher and the level of professional development they recieve.

Most often projectors are used as giant TV monitors with no interaction. Depending on a school's choice of software students can access tailored learning activities and teachers can personalise learning opportunites for thier pupils.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

e-Learning: Technologies

e-Learning: Technologies

Where we explore how different technologies can support learning.