Search

Reflections on Appraisal Inquiry 2012

• Public
Started by Philip Buchanan 03 Jun 2012 3:36pm () Replies (8)

ALL RC teachers, please record your:

1. Reflections on Your Personal Inquiry here, and also:

2. Comment on the Inquiry of another teacher, separately.

Replies

• Julena Hickey (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2012 4:32pm ()

Our appraisal focus group working collegially is Karen, Risalie, Pam and myself (Julena). We re looking at the usefulness for student learning focii and reporting back to parents the actuality of student writing portfolios. I have been fortunate to have Melva sort into chronological order student writing work which has been assessed this year. My next step is to have conversations with studetn groups within my English class so they can focus on specific learning to improve their writing so they have opportunity to learn many new ways of writing ie: expository, transactional and creative in many different genres.

• Karen Merriman (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2012 4:34pm ()

I am yet to put together my portfolios, but it will be done this week.  I will begin to save examples of my Junior English class work in here.  This will serve as a good tool to gage progress in this class

• Philip Buchanan (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2012 4:35pm ()

Great to see this group self-form.  Hopefully the rest of us will get some ideas from Trevor Bond's input/PD next week so that we can get some more groups together and 'on the inquiry road'.

• risalie villasan (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2012 4:45pm ()

My portfolios not yet done, but Iam doin' an experiment in my year 9 class. Reading every Wednesday with the help of Senco and RTLB people in Science class and answer questions at the end of the reading. This has been going on for 4 weeks and at the start of 5th week to the present students are asked to read aloud one by one.

• Mereana Himona (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2012 4:45pm ()

Our appraisal focus group (MH, AH, CT) will be investigating SOLO Taxonomy strategies and how best we can use these learning strategies in order to effect engagement and learning accross all curriculum areas.  We hope to meet this week sometime?

• Hine Akuhata (View all users posts) 20 Aug 2012 5:02pm ()

Our portfolios for Year 10 is a work in progress. We are working hard to compile them. I have just been informed which appraisal group I'm part of. I am sure we will be meeting for the first time next week. My group consists of Matua Te Taahe, Matua Thomas & myself (Whaea Hine).

Join this group to contribute to discussions.