Search

Uploading and Embedding Audio/Video

• Public
Started by Allanah King 09 May 2012 6:51pm () Replies (11)

Here's a challenge for the team.

I have made a stunning video that is happily sitting in the a photo album. I upload it happily to Vimeo or maybe Youtube.

Or I record a short piece of audio and have uploaded it somewhere.

Now I want to put it on my blog. 

What I have been doing then is moving to my laptop to get the embed code so I can embed it and put it in the embed html part of a blog post.

http://moturoa.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/lorax.html

I want to do that on my iPad but I don't know how.

Has anyone tried that?? What do others do?

Replies

• Matthew Thomas (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 7:00pm ()

We use the WordPress app to do 90% of our blogging from at SRP. We upload the movies to our own server, but you can embed code into each post as well, so you could embed movies from other  places. 

The WordPress app should work with EduBlogs or Bloggera accounts as well, since they are all based on WP to begin with. Just select "Add a self hosted blog" when you setup.  

Hope this helps!

• Lenva Shearing (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 7:29pm ()

Hi Allanah,

Just did the whole thing on my ipad.  Only part I couldn't do was upload the video to the internet.

1. Used my computer to upload - (I use divshare.com for video or audio).  
    2. Copied the embed code with my ipad.
    3. Used the blogger app - sign in, select the blog and just paste the embed code directly into the content area. Publish.
    4. Went to my blog and checked - perfect. Had to use iSwifter or Rover to view as the video is Flash.

Seems so easy I think I may be missing something in your original request.!!!!

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 8:05pm ()

Thanks Lenva

That seems easy enough to do. I presume that you log in to Div Share directly from a web page.

I like using Vimeo because it plays nicely with the usual Safari web browser on the iPad.

I will give it a whirl.

Thanks

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 8:05pm ()

Thanks Lenva

That seems easy enough to do. I presume that you log in to Div Share directly from a web page.

I like using Vimeo because it plays nicely with the usual Safari web browser on the iPad.

I will give it a whirl.

Thanks

• Lenva Shearing (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 8:18pm ()

Yes, just log in using Safari app or other browser app.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 8:35pm ()

There was two parts to my problem- one was being able to find and copy and embed code and the second was to embed it. I was looking for the html code in the Blogger app. Sweet that it doesn't matter on the app. 

Have just taken a quizzillion screen grabs to write up a how to- when I have finished the milestone!!!!!!

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 8:48pm ()

And it plays in Safari without having to use iSwifter.

Now to try the same sort of thing with a video.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 8:21pm ()

OOOHHHHH. It worked. I used Audioboo which is an an I already had.

http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/audioboo/id305204540?mt=8

Yay. Doing my happy dance.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 10:09pm ()

And now I have worked out how to embed You Tube videos we have made as well by grabbing the YouTube URL and dropping it into

http://www.tools4noobs.com/online_tools/youtube_xhtml/

which make the embed code for it.

It worked a treat. I see it can generate a Vimeo code as well but although I can see it I can't copy and paste it.

• Eric Martini (View all users posts) 02 Jun 2012 7:04pm ()

for Youtube videos - you could simply log in to your youtube account via Safari on the ipad, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Desktop". - this will reload the page as you would see it on a normal computer web browser. From here you have access the to embed codes, video size etc.

Copy and paste as you normally would.....

Join this group to contribute to discussions.