Search

Workshop 2012 - Teachers Attending Workshops

• Public
Started by Emma Watts 29 Apr 2012 11:00am () Replies (5)

Add your reflections about the Flick-It-On! Workshop Day

• What did you and your students achieve?
  • How and when will you implement it back in your classroom?
  • Do you have any questions about the project? 

Thank you for taking the time to complete this feedback Smile

Replies

• Emma Watts (View all users posts) 29 Apr 2012 11:08am ()

The engagement of the students was great!  Superb ideas, willingness to experiment, share and critique their work.  The vocabulary they used to describe their work and other’s work – just amazing!  I wish I had recorded some of their responses – next time!  

Our first task back in the classroom is for the students to share our brainstorm / ideas for our silent movie.  After that the students who attended the workshops will teach the other student (in small groups) what they learnt in iMovie, emotive photography, storyboarding and GarageBand.  This week we will storyboard using Comic Life - I'm going to embed this into reading and writing so it is not extra work!  Then the next 2 weeks will focus on filming again embedding into reading and writing!  My class is very excited about the project.

• Emma Watts (View all users posts) 29 Apr 2012 1:18pm ()

Wow Alice - it's great to hear about the fantastic learning your students acheived at the workshops :)  Yes by the end of 3 weeks a silent movie, roughly edited...no voice, music, no fancy transitions! Spot on!  

Join this group to contribute to discussions.