Search

Workshop 2012 - Teachers Attending Workshops

• Public
Started by Emma Watts 29 Apr 2012 11:00am () Replies (5)

Add your reflections about the Flick-It-On! Workshop Day

• What did you and your students achieve?
  • How and when will you implement it back in your classroom?
  • Do you have any questions about the project? 

Thank you for taking the time to complete this feedback Smile

Replies

• Sarah Trolle (View all users posts) 01 May 2012 9:52pm ()

Hi Emma, Thanks for all of the effort that you and the other workshop leaders put into Friday.  The children came away buzzing and have passed this enthusiasm onto their classes!  This week we are working on brainstorming as many ideas as we can for the movie and watching last year's movies to see the quality and effects that can be produced.  I've just realised I need to update to iMovie11 or there will be no split screening for my kids!  Daina and I hope the children can get their storyboards finished next week so we can begin filming soon.  Thanks again for your hard work and we'll keep an eye on this vln for tips Smile  Sarah, Birchwood School 

• Alice Whitehead (View all users posts) 29 Apr 2012 1:13pm ()
    Students from Room 9 at EGS achieved lots! I think they were as exhausted from all the new learning by the end of the day as I was. It was fantastic to see 6 year olds quickly picking up the ability to create music on Garageband and produce short movies on iMovie! The plan for next week is to share the learning with the rest of the class. We will then go on to brainstorm some further ideas for our movie and begin to create the storyboard using Comic Life. I like your suggestion Emma that it is embeded into literacy some how so I will continue to think that over today. 

My question about the project is: At the end of 3 weeks am I right in thinking we will have produced the short movie, but it will not have any fancy transitions and only be roughly edited?

Thanks lead teachers for the fantastic workshops! Alice, Room 9 EGS
  • Emma Watts (View all users posts) 29 Apr 2012 1:18pm ()

Wow Alice - it's great to hear about the fantastic learning your students acheived at the workshops :)  Yes by the end of 3 weeks a silent movie, roughly edited...no voice, music, no fancy transitions! Spot on!  

• Emma Watts (View all users posts) 29 Apr 2012 11:08am ()

The engagement of the students was great!  Superb ideas, willingness to experiment, share and critique their work.  The vocabulary they used to describe their work and other’s work – just amazing!  I wish I had recorded some of their responses – next time!  

Our first task back in the classroom is for the students to share our brainstorm / ideas for our silent movie.  After that the students who attended the workshops will teach the other student (in small groups) what they learnt in iMovie, emotive photography, storyboarding and GarageBand.  This week we will storyboard using Comic Life - I'm going to embed this into reading and writing so it is not extra work!  Then the next 2 weeks will focus on filming again embedding into reading and writing!  My class is very excited about the project.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.