Search

Using video as a window into your classroom

• Public
Started by Jane Armstrong Bos 19 Apr 2012 7:53pm () Replies (4)

Check out this great video idea described in the blog post, A Productive / Creative / Reflective Classroom.  As part of his teacher inquiry into providing parents with opportunities to connect with their children and their learning Assistant Principal Mark Herring has used timelapse photography showing a day in the classroom, with subtitles. 

I know as a parent, I would value this window into what's happening in my child's day and the opportunities for conversations about learning it provides. As a teacher - it looks like an easy and effective way to engage with whānau.

What are your thoughts? How are you using video to connect with your school community?

[Via CORE Education blog]

Replies

• Suzie Vesper (View all users posts) 19 Apr 2012 9:09pm ()

I enjoyed watching this with the sub-titles providing the commentary. Loved seeing the teacher working around the class in different ways over the course of the day and the kids seemed very focused. I also loved the tree in the classroom! I think this is an excellent way to help parents get the flavour of what is happening in the room.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.