Search

Using video as a window into your classroom

• Public
Started by Jane Armstrong Bos 19 Apr 2012 7:53pm () Replies (4)

Check out this great video idea described in the blog post, A Productive / Creative / Reflective Classroom.  As part of his teacher inquiry into providing parents with opportunities to connect with their children and their learning Assistant Principal Mark Herring has used timelapse photography showing a day in the classroom, with subtitles. 

I know as a parent, I would value this window into what's happening in my child's day and the opportunities for conversations about learning it provides. As a teacher - it looks like an easy and effective way to engage with whānau.

What are your thoughts? How are you using video to connect with your school community?

[Via CORE Education blog]

Replies

• Jane Armstrong Bos (View all users posts) 20 Apr 2012 11:16am ()

I agree with you both. It is amazing the difference a visual makes. Embedding this into your class blog would be a great way to enhance the communication I think.

• Suzie Vesper (View all users posts) 19 Apr 2012 9:09pm ()

I enjoyed watching this with the sub-titles providing the commentary. Loved seeing the teacher working around the class in different ways over the course of the day and the kids seemed very focused. I also loved the tree in the classroom! I think this is an excellent way to help parents get the flavour of what is happening in the room.

• Wendy Reinink (View all users posts) 19 Apr 2012 8:50pm ()

This was very interesting to watch and I know that as a parent it would be an effective way to provide more opportunities for conversations with my child about her day at school and it is also allows opportunities for parents to understand more fully what occurs during school hours.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.