Search

Facilitating and managing online communities: Live event

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 27 Jun 2011 2:10pm () Replies (6)

Are you a keen voice in your cluster's online community? Do you wish your cluster/school had an online community?Wink

If so, you might be interested in attending the ICT PD live event on 6 July:

Practical ways to navigate and use the VLN social network community as a professional learning tool.

Replies

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2011 5:42pm ()

The message says the live event is 4 July but the links says 6 July- both or one or the other??

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2011 7:32pm ()

Thanks, Allanah. I have amended my message. Good to see you've got your eye on the ballWink

• Melanie Matthews (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2011 6:58pm ()

I am very interested. That's a great time because it gives me time to drive home 35km and work from my home network which is more reliable.
    I have never used eliminate is it easy to use and should I do anything to set up before hand?
    Thanks Mel

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2011 7:36pm ()

Hi Melanie,

The Elluminate link will be live on the day. It downloads an application that then runs the meeting, so as long as you have sufficient privileges to download to your computer, you should be fine.

Headphones and mic are also useful.

I recommend getting in a wee bit earlier than the meeting to set yourself up...and also lots of patience/deep breathing as Elluminate sometimes opens very slowly.

Look forward to 'seeing' you thereLaughing

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2011 8:08pm ()

Great news Melanie, glad you can join us for the second ICT PD Online LIVE event. It would seem we are not alone. Several others are really showing interest now too.

I have now added your name to the list. More details will be forthcoming via email closer to the time.

Please feel free to let others know, who may also be interested. For on-going support on how to get the most out of the VLN community groups, go to
    /pg/groupcms/view/46685/

Talk again soon,
    Tess:)

Join this group to contribute to discussions.