Search

Online Teacher Planners (getting rid of the black folder!)

• Public
Started by Claire Amos 21 Jun 2011 2:50pm () Replies (49)

Hi there,

I am keen to track down a good online Teacher Planner (and grade book). I have looked at LearnBoost and some other American ones, that don't seem quite right. I am trialling Outlook Calendar, but it doosen't have the other functionality (like gradebooks etc). I guess I could use a combo of Google Calendar and Forms, but I would prefer a bit of a pre-prepared package. Any suggestions??? I would love to have trialled it and be in a position to recommend something to our teachers for the beginning of 2012.

Thanks Claire

Replies

• Wendy Stafford (View all users posts) 10 Jul 2011 8:51pm ()

In reading this discussion I wonder if it would be worthwhile developing an access database purely for this purpose? OR are you all looking at having your planning accessible to others via the web.

As an aside, I used Google Calendar but have recently moved to KeepandShare... you may like to check this out and see if it provides more options in regards to planning than what Google Calendar currently does. 

The school I am working in at the moment uses Teachers PAL 21C (a planning and assessment tool) - not sure if this fits in with your discussion but if you'd like to know more, let me know and I'll share further (nb: you wont find the resource on the web yet as it has been developed specifically for our school and in the initial stages of being developed externally).

• Wendy Stafford (View all users posts) 11 Jul 2011 7:58pm ()

It looks good Tara - unfortunately Google wont play ball with me so I'm unable to create for myself tonight - hopefully it's just a glitch and I'll be able to hook up tomorrow??? 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.