Search

Online Teacher Planners (getting rid of the black folder!)

• Public
Started by Claire Amos 21 Jun 2011 2:50pm () Replies (49)

Hi there,

I am keen to track down a good online Teacher Planner (and grade book). I have looked at LearnBoost and some other American ones, that don't seem quite right. I am trialling Outlook Calendar, but it doosen't have the other functionality (like gradebooks etc). I guess I could use a combo of Google Calendar and Forms, but I would prefer a bit of a pre-prepared package. Any suggestions??? I would love to have trialled it and be in a position to recommend something to our teachers for the beginning of 2012.

Thanks Claire

Replies

• Rachel Boyd (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2011 8:34pm ()

Hmmm I would be quite interested in people's thoughts on this too.

Most of my teachers who have moved away from their black folders are creating their weekly planners in Word (and often hyperlinking to their unit plans for each subject etc). I thought about using Google Calendar but I just can't put in the detail required.

I have ended up creating a template of the week in word and turning it into a google doc. I have a different doc for each week currently. I can then share my planning with others (or print it!) if need be. Next term, I will see if I can format everything so all my weekly planning for T3 can be in one google doc.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.