Search

Screen Recordings on iPads

• Public
Started by Allanah King 08 Jun 2011 10:07pm () Replies (5)

I saw something on Twitter about using an iPad to share screen recordings so thought I would see what I could do.

First of all I used a beta test version of ShowMeApp which was a bit complicated as you had to wait for a build.

It won't embed here so you will have to go to the link to see the ShowMeApp.

Then I had a go with the same sort of thing with Puppet Pals which I already had.

It was a bit annoying for both that I had to go back to my computer to get the embed codes for them and I couldn't find a way to embed by grabbing the code on the iPad.

Both ways though might give an idea of how you could use the iPad to record a writing conference with a child and embed onto their blog or wiki.

Replies

• iDave (View all users posts) 26 Jun 2011 8:28pm ()

Showme seems to work ok - and I see there is now an embed code on the Showmeapp web site.  Still I like the Puppets in the above!  Good idea.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 26 Jun 2011 8:33pm ()

I like Show Me cos you can trace with your finger while you record- I will upload one that I made and show you. I have been in contact with the ShowMe creators and export as a video will come in later updates- it's only braqnd new now.

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 27 Jun 2011 9:51pm ()

We a bit more of a play around with the Show Me App today at school. I like it's clean interface- especially as the teacher focus group could record an example and children could take the iPad away for a replay if they got stuck. Maxwell shares an addition strategy....

The embed code will not work here but here is the link

http://www.showmeapp.com/sh/?i=1713

• Matthew Thomas (View all users posts) 09 Sep 2011 11:54am ()

While Show Me and Screen Chomp are great (especially as free apps), "Explain Everything" is much better, almost a cross between these two and Sonic Pics. With Explain Everything you are able to draw on screen, create shapes, type text, import images or a series of images or a PDF and draw on top of them, record everything as you go and export it out to a movie which is saved on your camera roll so you can get it off your iPad as you want.

(That's a really badly written and long sentence! Sorry about that!)

Explain Everything is one of the few paid apps that I think our school will need on every iPad in the school.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.