Search

Getting started- adding your blog address

• Public
Started by Allanah King 01 Jun 2011 12:45pm () Replies (40)

This idea just came to me as a way of linking classes together for collaborative commenting on blogs and working together on projects. Last year three of us got together from Dunedin, Nelson and Auckland as we were all studying the Rocky Shore.

http://rockyshore.wikispaces.com/

It was really powerful learning as each of the classes in three different regions of the country were studying the same thing at the same time.

If we could use this VLN space to 'hook up' with other classes it might work.

Here is a map of where we are... Your wish is my command Suskya!

I have made the map open and have started adding you to it but I don't know where some of you are so you can load yourself on the map by dragging the wee droppy thing to where you are and add your place/school name and blog address. To see others use the slider to pull the Google Map to zoom out. Cos I started it it seems to focus on Nelson- the centre of the universe!

View Collaboration VLN in a larger map

Replies

• Fiona Paurini (View all users posts) 05 Jun 2011 7:35pm ()

Hi everyone...

I work 5 mornings in a year 5/6 class, and I'm trying to get them to blog regularly about what they are learning. We are also learning how to make 'academic comments' on other peoples blogs not just one word comments so this looks like a great area to find some schools who are like minded.  We would really love you to comment on our blog too.  We are trying to make a new post at least once a week.... we don't always meet this target, but are working on it.  Laughing

Our blog address is  -: CLEANED :- http://room10-in-2011.blogspot.com/ -: CLEANED :-

Thanks

Fiona

• Fiona Paurini (View all users posts) 06 Jun 2011 10:32pm ()

Hi Melanie...

We would love to hear from you.  Let us know your blog address and then maybe we can practice on you Smile

Join this group to contribute to discussions.