Search

Community comments on blogs

Started by Emma Watts 31 Mar 2011 4:24pm () Replies (19)

How do we get our community more involved with our blogs?

Replies

• Anna Fitchett (View all users posts) 12 Apr 2011 2:37pm ()

I believe the main tools for getting parents on the blog are the kids!  If they are interested and want to get on it at home the parents almost have to have a look.  We encourage our kids to comment from home and school and this will also get the parents involved.  As Dave mentioned we have websites linked from our blog that the kids use at school and home to get safely to different sites.  This has certainly been used at home.  The challenge is getting the parents interacting with the blog.  So now it is my turn to look at how I share the blog with the kids so they are motivated to get on there at home and start contributing! 

• Anna Fitchett (View all users posts) 13 Apr 2011 8:07am ()

Including in the reading programme at home and school is an excellent way to get them using it daily.  I am thinking about my kids that don't have access at home and how to balance this out with those that do.  Access before/during/after school on top of what is already happening?  Not sure yet.  First task is a survey of parents - who does have access?  

6pm sounds like a good finish time!  Well done!

• Anna Fitchett (View all users posts) 14 Apr 2011 6:04pm ()

That has me thinking now!  I've been getting our pod into the classroom so the kids can have access between 8.30 and 9.  I could try and combine this with a focus on getting parents on line.  Set up some kids to help them become followers, add posts etc.  Something to think about!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.