Search

VLN environment

• Public
Started by Trish Vesey 05 Mar 2012 5:42pm () Replies (4)

Hi all, I find the VLN environment quite 'fiddly' and not that easy to navigate. Because of this I have not used this environment as much as I would like to. Can this environment be made more user-friendly and intuitive? e.g. the difference between wordpress and tumblr blogging experience - one is cumbersome, one is not. Just my thoughts for future development. I do appreciate all the hard effort already put in though.

Replies

• Glen (View all users posts) 05 Mar 2012 5:50pm ()

Thanks - we will be upgrading the site over March and will also continue to add improvements over 2012, so keep checking back. In the mean time if you could provide something more concrete  in terms of feedback we are more than happy to look at it, eg. what is it exactly that you find fiddly?

• Trish Vesey (View all users posts) 05 Mar 2012 10:05pm ()

Hi Glen, when I log in there is no space to immediately type a post/question, and it has taken me quite a few visits (last year) to try and figure out where I begin a post - even today I had to try and remember (and I'm actually pretty onto it with things ICT) even the drop-down tools box was not too clear, so after several hit and misses I just leave without asking my question and go and search it on google.  :) Another thing I'm not clear about right now is if I'm sending you a 'message' (link below says send) or posting a 'reply' (link above says reply). I will think of the other difficulties I have experienced and add tomorrow - so good to hear a revamp is coming Smile as this would/should be a great resource site for all teachers

post script - went to send, got nowhere, re-entered via group discussion

• Susan McMillan (View all users posts) 05 Mar 2012 10:56pm ()

Did you hit save?

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

VLN Website Development

VLN Website Development

A place to discuss the ongoing development of the VLN.