Search

App Sharing

Started by Allanah King 22 Mar 2011 7:43pm () Replies (286)

Maybe we can start off by all adding one app that we really like?

Replies

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 28 Jun 2011 11:25pm ()

Hi Marcus

You start with a 'greatest fear' and then allude to a range of creative tools. It is like many unknowns - as we come to know them our views change. We are witnessing an exponential explosion of child centred interactive, collaborative, creative opportunities  - go with it.

Thanks for Whiteboard - gets the focus off the wall.

Innes

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 05 Jul 2011 10:44pm ()

For those of us who spent time with QTVR and camera tables and protractors try dermander.

This is amazing - need iPad2 or touch. There are a lot of smarts in here and now I want to use it in schools. Not sure of output options but this has talent.

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 22 Aug 2011 12:45pm ()

Explain Everything has the look of an App that could prove useful for developing  presentations, podcasts and sharing ideas. Have had a wee play but would love to hear some 'in classroom' feedback. using Notebook or Dropbox you should be able to pass constructions around to be reassembled - some endless ideas.

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 05 Feb 2012 7:31pm ()

I agree a real step forward in being able to personalise (can't really put New Zealandise!)  a spelling app. Easy to change and record - daiper to nappy and change spelling donut to doughnut but when you try New Zealand it doesn't seem to recognise the space and gets the letters out of sequence. Then again there might be a cunning trick??

My First Words is a bit of an interesting list - barette, cufflinks, mascara and a pacifier? I can see NZ teachers making a 'Words before my First Words' list 8-}

Let's hear it for biscuit

Thanks Allanah

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 09 May 2012 4:38pm ()

2 kids never used an iPad - 3 instructions (hope it doesn't show too much) and 30 minutes to come up with an ebook about our student conference. They were asked to look at things differently. Used Scribblepress  - a bit limited tool wise but very simple and allows the online option that can be shared to anyone.

http://ebooks.scribblepress.com/book.php?g=94CQ6S9J

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 11 May 2012 6:55pm ()

Just to add to the Scribble Press information I posted the other day here is another one made by Yr 3/4 today

http://ebooks.scribblepress.com/book.php?g=777ZQYQP

However the normal output for these is either online or directly as an epub - both limit how and where they can be read. After a bit of experimenting I found you could upload the epub to Calibre (and I am not into Megaupload) and convert it to a pdf. The only problem was the text coming through a bit small though I can now do all sorts of things with it 8-}

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2012 10:15pm ()

Just in case you are looking for My Pad, it is called Our Pad.

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 24 Jun 2012 10:27pm ()

Have spent a bit of time exploring Slidewriter (iPad only). I have a rel frustration when typing on the iPad and make my normal digital fumblings and find it a challenge to edit, sort of whole word, multi tap and even rewrite! Slidewriter lets you click in/ on the line and the slide the cursor to any position so you can insert or delete any letter. You can't yet flick the cursor up - coming? I just might find it easier to compose in Slidewriter and copy and paste into other things.

Anyone found anything else like this?

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 05 Jul 2012 11:24pm ()

Word Collage  is an App for those who like to make Wordle type word pictures. Not a lot of control but exports easily to Photo roll.

• Innes Kennard (View all users posts) 11 Dec 2012 9:46am ()

Hi all

Book Creator, in  my humble opinion the best of the iPads based epub apps has dropped in price to $2.59. Don't know if it is a special for a limited time.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/book-creator-for-ipad/id442378070?mt=8

Happy Xmas

Join this group to contribute to discussions.