Search

App Sharing

Started by Allanah King 22 Mar 2011 7:43pm () Replies (286)

Maybe we can start off by all adding one app that we really like?

Replies

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 22 Mar 2011 8:02pm ()

Great question Allanah - and when you say one app...what a challenge.

There lots I use for work and travel, but is the apps for preschoolers that intrigues me.

Talking Tom and his mates, Talking Hippo, Talking Harry and Talking Larry...all do funny little things like sing, drink milk, blow up. But the lovely thing is how they record your voice (like it's a chimpmunk) and play it back to you. You can also record actions and voice to make mini movies and email these to yourself - in any langauge. About $1.25

Tess Smile

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 28 Apr 2011 9:29pm ()

Thanks for these ideas. I've just got myself an iPad (woohoo) and want to know what kind of apps are good for the little and big kids (me included). I like the look of Puppet Pals and am about to play with PlayTime Theater. Tess Smile

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 30 May 2011 9:13pm ()

I love having an RSS feed to this group, I am getting so many great ideas. Have already loaded Sock Puppets and our kids really enjoy this, thanks to your contribution Allanah, awesome.

Robbie your use of Puppet Pals is really relevant and enjoyabe to watch - fluid, causal, great pronunciation. Gorgeous, thanks for sharing as well.

Barbara... now I want an iPad2!

Tess  Smile

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 12 Sep 2011 9:54am ()

More from iPads in Education - What are your essential classroom Apps?

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 19 Dec 2011 8:40am ()

Something for everyone this week. Best Christmas apps for kids!

Merry Christmas everyone Smile

Image from Ambro @ http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 19 Feb 2013 10:41am ()

Teachers using apps:

Love it when ideas bounce around. While sharing one teacher's findings in the ICTs in English listserve,

I am currently LOVING the luxury of only having my iPad in hand (no roll book, no teacher's planner, no diary, no mark book…) because I have ONE app that does it all - iDoceo. About $8 and I highly recommend it. Kind regards Ros

Another teacher shares how they've uploaded RubberChicken's Running Records app. Nice one, thanks Matthew for creating this. Smile

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 04 Mar 2013 11:26am ()

Here's a goodie! Scribblenauts Remix for the ipad is a game where the user needs to type on the keyboard so that the objects appear. Text prompts at different levels encourage players to type in logical objects to help solve problems - great for promoting reading/spelling.

Commonsensemedia review of this app reads,

Kids can learn logical thinking, exercise their creativity, and boost their spelling skills as they brainstorm innovative solutions in this puzzle game app. They'll put their imaginations to work as they type in their proposed solution, and use the object they've requested to solve the puzzle. 

Scribblenauts Remix is a welcome departure from the true/false, right/wrong framework that can make kids feel boxed in and limited. Be mindful: game's open nature means players can opt for a peaceful or violent solution.

Our four year old plays at the most basic level - finding words from his picture dictionary and typing these in. Instant avatars and objects appear - depending on what he has typed on the keyboard. Great for all ages.

Has anyone used this in their classrooms?

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 26 Mar 2013 2:11pm ()

Hi all Smile this discussion, as well as the iPads in the Junior Classroom thread has been a major influence on one group member's classroom practice - particularly with the use of iPads to help diverse learner needs in a year one class.

Ipad webinar invite

If you want to know more about what Josie Woon has done in the classroom; systems she has set up for iPad use, apps she has downloaded and how these have improved specific learning outcomes for her students, then why not join us for tomorrow’s LIVE webinar? 

We’d also love to have you share your stories too. ‘See you there’.

• Tessa Gray (View all users posts) 07 Apr 2013 8:37pm ()

Top educational iPad apps for teachers - Here's a handpicked list of free, practical apps for educators and teachers. Taken from http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2013/04/top-educational-ipad-apps-for-teachers.html

Join this group to contribute to discussions.