Search

How can we use the VLN / Enabling e-Learning for our own learning?

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 23 Feb 2012 9:01pm () Replies (23)

I thought I'd start this thread is for anyone who is still interested in working out what this community space can do for their learning - for example, you might be working out how to tailor your emails, or whether to use a blog or a discussion forum for your questions.

If you are/have attended the free Enabling e-Learning workshop on how to use the VLN Groups (24 Feb), you may still have a few questions - and if you missed it, you can ask for help here instead.

So, ask away - or share how you have set up and are using the space. The only silly queston is the one not asked;-)

Cheers, Karen.

Replies

• Ra Ellingham (View all users posts) 08 May 2013 4:07pm ()

New to the VLN and looking for some feedback on implementing how I set up a flipped programme to give students a running start into technology design. The actual time I have with students is only 12 hours. This seems like a great conversation to support my learning around how I can establish a programme for a diverse range of learners.

I'd be comfortable with asynchronous online conversations, supported by a blog or wiki that I would provide a link to. Google docs work well for sharing outlines of plans. I have recently started looking at Edmodo and this seems to have some active groups as well.

• Ra Ellingham (View all users posts) 09 May 2013 3:50pm ()

Thanks Roxy, had a look at the Google sites as you suggested. Thanks for the other links. I like the idea of an explanation of the flipped learning process for students and whanau.  Tessa, here's a little more detail: year 7&8 composite groups. We have five 1-1 device classes. Still a minority. I would like students to have access to tutorials that will take them through the basic physical skills involved in the sewing and construction of a doorstopper (square pyramid with applique) plus the stages of an iterative design process. My concern is around keeping it from being really lecture orientated - more constructivist.

Ideally it would be great to have a conversation around their designs happening before they hit the actual class for construction. Sharing photos of their design work and seeking feedback from others.Encouraging greater collaboration among students also.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.