Search

How can we use the VLN / Enabling e-Learning for our own learning?

• Public
Started by Enabling e-Learning 23 Feb 2012 9:01pm () Replies (23)

I thought I'd start this thread is for anyone who is still interested in working out what this community space can do for their learning - for example, you might be working out how to tailor your emails, or whether to use a blog or a discussion forum for your questions.

If you are/have attended the free Enabling e-Learning workshop on how to use the VLN Groups (24 Feb), you may still have a few questions - and if you missed it, you can ask for help here instead.

So, ask away - or share how you have set up and are using the space. The only silly queston is the one not asked;-)

Cheers, Karen.

Replies

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 08 May 2013 5:41pm ()

Agree with Annemarie, Ra.. I used youtube in my classes, and if you want to do a screencast, to explain what to do on the computer to students, then Jing is a great freebie.  Good on you for joining the VLN, and get in there and lurk, you will find so many ideas.. 

• Leigh Hynes (View all users posts) 08 May 2013 5:51pm ()

Regarding curriculum resources on another thread, Tessa, I wonder if good practical things to do could be organised into timeframes

eg 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours 1 day and open ended. Then people could tag the resources as well to indicate if it is from a certain area of the curriculum or a key competency that is being developed.. The curriculum levels could also be tagged.. Mainly I think teachers want a searchable database in just about any area they could think of with a bit of structure say around inquiry, something that there is not a lot of out there. For example if you search for photosynthesis of course you get a lot of content around photosynthesis but do you get an open ended inquiry lesson?

This is what I hope(d) that N4 L might provide but maybe it is going just to be a network of fast pipes through which we can access the VLN for uploading and downloading???. I could go on, but hey, someone else might have better ideas.....

And finally RSS rules, keep in touch with the VLN by using it! Sob, google reader is dying.

Join this group to contribute to discussions.