Search

Digital Curriculum

• Public
Started by Isaac Day 10 Mar 2011 12:03pm () Replies (13)

What does this term mean to you? (100 words or less) Smile

Replies

• Isaac Day (View all users posts) 30 Mar 2011 8:23am ()

As an adult my 'curriculum' is directed by me, my interests and my needs.  As children, younger learners need to have their 'curriculum' scaffolded for them and given the skills to manage this for themselves into adulthood.  As with regular curriculum, a 'digital' curriculum should be centred around a vision for the learner, and his/her needs.  My vision for our learners is to grow as people and learners therefore the curriculum should reflect that... I would be deeply saddened if a 'digital' curriculum was taught and learned entirely in a digital or electronic world.  But would be happy if the qualities of inquiry were reflected in digital citizenship/curriculum.

Smile

• Isaac Day (View all users posts) 30 Mar 2011 8:24am ()

So our curriculum, digital or otherwise, should be centred around the values, characteristics or qualities we want for our learners?  This sounds brilliant, I wonder how the digital element can be reflected in the values/qualities we expect for our students.  Does anyone have good examples in their own schools to share (I am sure we all know where they are in the NZC!).

• Isaac Day (View all users posts) 01 Apr 2011 8:10am ()

Nice work Emma - is this along the lines of the 'Intellectual Rigor' line that Tony went down with Nayland?  Did he look at this with you guys at Tahuna?  Smile

Join this group to contribute to discussions.