Search

Video Conferencing across NEN schools

• Public
Started by Allanah King 15 Feb 2012 2:52pm () Replies (4)

Colleen Alchin, an Aussie contact, is endeavoring to establish links with some schools in New Zealand, that would be interested in linking with an Australian school, via VC in the lead up to ANZAC Day with the ultimate aim of conducting joint New Zealand / Australian ANZAC Day commemorations.

We would love to get the project up and running as son as possible so that schools have the opportunity to connect and develop relationships prior to ANZAC Day.

Please feel free to pass this information on to any interested parties. If you would like any further details I would be more than willing to discuss the project further.

I love the idea of video conferencing with a real purpose but as I have never particpated in anything more than Skype video calls I need a bit more technical expertise that hopefull someone on the NEN could help us with. We are a NEN trial school.

Thanks

Replies

• Rachel Whalley (View all users posts) 15 Feb 2012 3:36pm ()

Thanks for sharing Allanah there may be schools in the VLN Community who are interested, they are all VLN enabled schools. Have you got a blurb to put out to  them, contact details? or should they just contact you direct?

Could we set up some connections for those schools without VC equipment using Adobe Connect webconferencing room & webcam instead? I would be interested in getting some of our schools involved if we could do it this way also.

Rachel :-)

• Allanah King (View all users posts) 15 Feb 2012 4:27pm ()

I have written and asked them for a flyer for it. Will post and share it when it arrives. Being Australia they are a bit behind the times ;-)

• Patrick Marentette (View all users posts) 20 Feb 2012 10:09am ()

Hi Allanah,

Thanks so much for posting this exciting new opportunity. I'm sure there are several schools from the NEN Trial that would love to participate. Please post any additional details here as you receive them.

As for the NEN Trial video conferencing, we use a program called Scopia which is a high-definition desktop conferencing tool. There is a page in this group with all the info you need to get connected and if you run into any trouble there is a support person in the Nelson area that can assist you.

Look forward to getting this project going and thanks again.

Kind regards,

Pat 

Join this group to contribute to discussions.