Search

Remove a member from a group

• Public
Started by Megan Melvin 20 Dec 2011 12:16pm () Replies (5)

Hi folks, apart from getting a member to 'leave group' is there another way to remove them if I am a moderator?

Tx

Replies

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 20 Dec 2011 12:31pm ()

At the moment, there isn't a way to remove people - although I'm sure the admin folk will jump into this thread shortly on that matter.

If a member has accidentally joined a group and wishes to leave, it is straightforward for them to leave, as you say, by selecting 'leave group'.

If the issue is more challenging, and an offline conversation does not solve the matter, please contact the admin team offline at help@vln.school.nz.

If group owners wish to manage the membership, it may be best to alter the group permissions - a 'closed' group requires new members to 'request membership' [as opposed to an 'open' group' which anyone can join..]

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Karen

• Hayden Shaw (View all users posts) 20 Dec 2011 12:37pm ()

Hi there,

There is a way if your a moderator. 

Go to your group homepage, at the bottom on the left there is a member box with a link that says 'View more members'. 

Once your in there, find the person your wanting to remove and hover over their icon and click on the down arrow and you should see a 'Remove from group'.

Cheers

Hayden

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 20 Dec 2011 12:50pm ()

I tried the 'hover' and couldn't see that...but am happy to stand corrected:-)

Cheers, Hayden.

It's an interesting discussion - and I think it raises issues of protocols for group moderators, too. I would hope that anyone being removed would have been informed/had a discussion about it first;-)

• Megan Melvin (View all users posts) 20 Dec 2011 12:40pm ()

Rock n roll, thanks Hayden and Karen for super fast responses!

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.