Search

Logging in from email links!!

• Public
Started by Claire Amos 09 Dec 2011 7:21pm () Replies (4)

Hi there,

Keep getting frustrated when I follow a link to reply to discussions, and then need to login, but logging in makes you jump to the home page!! Then I have to try and remember which group, discussion, post I was wanting to respond to...hurts my brain!! Would it be possible to make it so you logged in and remained on the page you followed the link to??

Hope that made sense.

Cheers

Claire

Replies

• Suzie Vesper (View all users posts) 10 Dec 2011 9:49am ()

This is an on-going problem. We have the same issue in the version of ELGG we use with students in our online ESOL school. When we put links to pages in our classroom space, students are also redirected to the home page once signed in instead of going to the original linked page. I think that we were told that there wasn't anything that could be done about that when we asked for the same thing so I'd be interested in the feedback now :)

• Karen Spencer (View all users posts) 12 Dec 2011 7:58am ()

Thanks, Claire and Suzie. This has been referred to the Tech team:-) Watch this space...

• Glen (View all users posts) 12 Dec 2011 9:30am ()

HI Claire

Yes, a good point, and a cause of frustration to us also. We have looked at fixing this ourselves, but the people the designed the underlying system that runs the VLN have made it impossible to fix with the current version. We will be upgrading to a newer version early in the new year which will hopefully resolve this issue.

In the mean time, when you log in, if you tick the 'remember me' box just under the login box it will automatically log you in when you click on the links in emails, so should get around the problem.

Glen

Join this group to contribute to discussions.

Help

Help

This group is a place to find or request help in the VLN.